Friday, August 3, 2012

July 21st: Dueling Wizards







Who needs mapquest? I got J Quest!! (Clever, I know. She has shown so many times this trip that she has a talent for directional knowledge that she deserves a nickname. But that’s neither here nor there.) We took off from Rome with ease and headed down the coastline to our next destination on the Amalfi Coast. Sorrento is a little town situated right on the Mediterranean filled with ancient buildings and vespas. So many vespas. They buzz in and out of traffic in Sorrento like insects. Pesky ones. 
We had no trouble at all finding Sorrento but a little trouble getting into the Bed and Breakfast. The gate was locked and we had to wait very awkwardly with an angry German couple before being let in. 
Our room we booked turned out really well. It had a living area and a balcony that doubled as a breakfast area/kitchen. We were so impressed by the flavor of the place. It was covered in all different shades of blue and had a very dreamy feel to it. Cool place. I was happy about it. 



Tired of eating out and the stress of looking for a restaurant we might actually enjoy, we decided to buy some groceries and take advantage of our kitchen nook. We picked up some pasta of our own and mixed some Italian “salsa” sauce into it. Coupled with the regular tomato sauce it turned out good. In fact, it turned out excellent. Oddly enough, the meal we cooked that night might have been one of my favorites of the whole trip! It was delicious. Feeling fairly proud of ourselves, we ate a small portion of chocolate and went to bed early. And by we and mean I. Jen stayed up and blogged.





I woke up a few times to a crashing exploding sound. I got up to see what it was but could get no visual out our window of the canon blasting sound echoing outside. Jen was still awake and had already noted the sound. We couldnt figure out what it was. I was really tired and a little delirious. I speculated that it was probably two wizards having a wizards duel. They were probably throwing lightning bolts and other mythical exploding things at each other. My explanation continued for much longer than it needed to......... Again, I was pretty out of it. Jen egged me on, but later I felt like she wanted me to leave the room. I may have gotten carried away.........meh.



No comments:

Post a Comment